Sunday, October 16, 2011

The theme: It's all about...

When Andrew turned two, I hosted a color-themed party. Blue was the color. The kids dressed in blue. The jello I made was blue. The balloons were blue. The cupcakes of course were blue, which turned all the kids' mouths' blue.

So, why blue? I was obsessed with creating an early memory for Andrew. I was convinced that if I had a simple theme Andrew would remember the big day, and of course the party.

Here's a little sidebar. Truth be told, ever since I was 10, I've wanted to pull memories from when I was two and one. I've spent a lot of time over the years trying to remember those days. Hey, I'm an only child. Sometimes entertainment is hard to come by!

But...I digress. A few years ago, I asked Andrew the ever so important question, "Do you remember the theme of your second birthday?" I gave him a hint, and told him it was a color. His answer? "Was it green?"

Was it green. Was it green? Seriously? After all my deliberate efforts to make a mark on his memory, he asks, was it green?

Needless to say, I don't concentrate much on themes anymore. So, no, Andrew doesn't have a theme. HOWEVER, we do have a goal. We hope that everyone feels that after the weekend celebrations are over, you know a little more about Andrew. Maybe his favorite sports teams, or his favorite music, or his favorite color.

If pushed, I'd say the theme is Andrew. It's all about him. And we couldn't be more proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment